Ecovana is Canadian based environmentally conscious company, committed to quality, ethical practices, animal cruelty-free, and eco-friendly products to eliminate single-use plastic. We are also proud active members of RCO (Recycling Council of Ontario).
All defective, and damaged products are recycling in an industrial facility to ensure it has zero negative impact on our environment and landfills. They are shredded into plastic regrind forms to be reused by the next end user, creating new products.
Ethical and Sustainable Manufacturers only
We spend a great deal of our resources to thoroughly vet our manufacturers and suppliers prior to creating and selecting new products. We have spent 1.5 years prior to launch of testing, and research to narrow down the best fit suppliers. Our product manufacturers require a tour facility and video call to learn who is behind the scenes of creating our products. We stretch all options in choosing suppliers prior to selection. Any products incapable of being produced in Canada due to lack of supply and resources are made overseas.
We ask each individual creating our products the following:
- What's your least/most favorite part of the job or work environment?
- How often are you paid, and do feel like it is a fair wage for the work that you do?
- Do you ever have to work overtime, if so is it voluntarily?
Questions for our manufacturers/suppliers:
- What do you do with any excess off production material?
- How long have you been in business?
- Are you available for a quarterly meeting by phone/video/in-person? (We also let them know we require access to be able to drop in without notice).
- Can you ship and package our products as plastic-free as possible?
All partners, manufacturers, and suppliers require the following. No exceptions:
- Animal cruelty-free
- Eco-friendly practices
- Fair wages
- Full transparency of origin of materials.
- Certification required for organic cotton claims.
- Health Canada Certifications on all Hair Care Products. Each batch made is required to be submitted to Health Canada regulations.